[Swan-dev] disabling KLIPS tests

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Nov 29 18:15:06 UTC 2017

Subject change: kips => KLIPS

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| > On Nov 29, 2017, at 11:17, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
| >
| > The idea's been floated that klips tests and the module build be
| > disabled by default.

I don't think that we should disable the tests before we delete the
code.

| If we move to rhel7 guests, we can leave them in.
|
| If we switch to f27, we can disable them.

Why?  (The answer is revealed below.)

| In general, more and more tests require netkey. Kilos is very much
| legacy and if testing is free, that’s fine.

Kilos?  KLIPS?

| But I don’t think anyone
| wants to keep investing days into porting it to the latest upstream
| kernel.

Ahh.

If we don't invest, we should delete.

| If only the last VTI bugs for host-to-host were fixed, then we could
| recommend everybody switches and remove all related code.

That sounds like we should make it a priority so that we can delete
KLIPS code.  (I don't know what the bugs are and how tall an order that
is.)

We should delete it since even the team members cannot spell it.