[Swan-dev] disabling kips tests

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Nov 29 18:01:30 UTC 2017

> On Nov 29, 2017, at 11:17, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The idea's been floated that klips tests and the module build be
> disabled by default.
>
> My first idea for how to do this was to just tweak TESTLIST so that it
> lists those tests as 'klips' instead of 'good'.

If we move to rhel7 guests, we can leave them in.

If we switch to f27, we can disable them.

In general, more and more tests require netkey. Kilos is very much legacy and if testing is free, that’s fine. But I don’t think anyone wants to keep investing days into porting it to the latest upstream kernel.

If only the last VTI bugs for host-to-host were fixed, then we could recommend everybody switches and remove all related code.

Paul