[Swan-dev] future of 9fs

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed May 17 16:00:15 UTC 2017

Outside RHEL, the 9pfs support is gaining more support. EPEL kernel has 9fs enabled. Ubuntu seems to support it now, and XEN now.

Eventually RHEL will support something like 9pfs + Windows support in secure way! For 'security' reasons 9fs is not supported now.
The new RHEL blessed one seems Virtio Vsock. It is supported in libvirt/KVM upstream now. Vsock could be replacement for 9fs in F26.

https://vmsplice.net/~stefan/stefanha-connectathon-2016.pdf

-antony