[Swan-dev] [GSOC] Late Introduction

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sun Mar 26 14:34:53 UTC 2017

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017, shivam kapoor wrote:

> Hey guys! This is Shivam Kapoor, 2nd year CSE from VIT University, Chennai, India. I am a GSOC aspirant and i am
> very interested in Libreswan project. Infact I've been following Libreswan from few days and this is my first
> contact to this community.
>
> On that note, can anyone please help me with what to do? Do i have to send you patches or some sort of
> implementation? Any help regarding GSOC is welcome.

Welcome Shivam,

What you need to work on is a proposal that you summit to google. Once
all students have submitted proposals, we will evaluate the proposals
and pick a student. You can summit for more then one project idea.

You should try to learn a bit about the code basics, and probably the
testing basics on how we test new code. How to install and configure
testing is described at https://libreswan.org/wiki/Test_Suite

Any student that wants to get more familiar with libreswan can also
ask me for a X.509 certificate for a VPN connection to vpn.nohats.ca.
Then you can use libreswan to configure that and establish the VPN,
and check its logging to see what's going on, and how that shows the
working of IKEv2 (as defined in https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7296)

So no need to send patches. But you should work on understanding the
code and the RFC and write up your proposal and submit that to Google.
You can also submits drafts that we can read and give feedback about.