[Swan-dev] klips-netkey-pluto-06 et.al. failing

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:15:40 UTC 2017

For instance:
http://testing.libreswan.org/results/testing/3.20-28-g41be757-master/klips-netkey-pluto-06/OUTPUT/west.console.diff
I suspect this is low hanging fruit and I suspect it is a common problem:

I believe the following is happening and it should be deterministic:

westrun.sh runs on west:
- sets up a connection and leaves it open

final.sh runs on east:
- does ipsec look
- shuts down pluto which shuts down the connections
- ...

final.sh runs on west:
- does ipsec look; since the output expects the connection to still be
present this fails to match
(there could also be a race here since west:final.sh might run before
west has finished shutting the connection down?)
- shuts down pluto
- ...

(swantest would run "final.sh" on east and west in parallel making the
behaviour non-deterministic).

I can see several fixes:

- add "ipsec look" to westrun.sh so it is performed before east shuts down
- update west's expected output so it matches what is really happening
when final.sh is run (but I wonder if that part can be dropped).

Andrew