[Swan-dev] timer.c EXPECTATION FAILED

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Mar 11 18:48:19 UTC 2017

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>    testing: mark tests triggering an expectation-fail as WIP
>
>    The expectation:
>       st != NULL && st->st_event != NULL && st->st_event->ev_type == EVENT_v2_RETRANSMIT
>    gets injected into the log causing the tests to always fail.
>
>    ikev2-45-impair-gx-02
>    ikev2-allow-narrow-02
>    ikev2-21-mode-mismatch-01
>    interop-ikev2-strongswan-21-transport-02
>    nss-cert-08-mismatch

I checked these.

ikev2-45-impair-gx-02 event is EVENT_CRYPTO_FAILED
ikev2-allow-narrow-02 event is EVENT_SA_REPLACE
ikev2-21-mode-mismatch-01 event is EVENT_SA_REPLACE
interop-ikev2-strongswan-21-transport-02 event is EVENT_SA_REPLACE
nss-cert-08-mismatch was failing for other reasons due to my tree.

The pexpect is all by itself. It does not do this to protect against
anything unexpected. And it is clearly wrong when the failure path
is taken, as these tests all test a certain failure mode.

So I removed the pexpect line and re-enabled theses tests.

The pexpect came in commit 09de7363 which was when pluto was
converted to use libevent.

Paul