[Swan-dev] Pluto memory consumption

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Mar 2 01:29:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I hacked up some awk to count symkey new/frees in pluto's log (I'll
> push it and some logging tweaks to make it work tomorrow).
>
> It looks like we're leaking  'skeyseed' from calc_skeyseed_v2().  The
> code carefully saves it in 'struct pcr_skeycalc_v2_r.skeyseed' but
> nothing seems to read it :-(

Hmm that might be a pre-NSS thing? I guess we store a pointer to the
real skeyseed inside NSS in st->st_skeyseed_nss and use that whenever we
need more keying material for this SA ? Or do we initialize the PRF with
skeyseed and then just call the PRF/PRFPLUS and thus never need to
skeyseed ever again?