[Swan-dev] config file diagnostics

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Mon Jul 3 20:23:30 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 10:40:07AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org>
>
> | I am just saying "conn us" could be in the test config file.

> That's why I've posted all the messages and am leaving it to the
> expert(s) to fix.
>
> | aslo looking  git blame v3.1 ./basic-pluto-01/east.conf I notice those.
> | It seems 25f4be69 found those un-necessary.
>
> Good detective work.  That Libreswan Build guy is to blame :-)

Well also notice the model all "also=" could not resolved from ipsec.common
alone.  Some of them is in the test config files. Which I think is a good
feature.  I am wondering how your solution would handle this.

I think it should only complain if the "also=conn" is relevant for the conf
it start with.

> | may be create a branch with your change and cleanup the test cases to
> comply.
>
> I'd like this to get fixed quickly enough that a branch isn't useful.
>
> To prevent disruption, I'd like the test fixes to hit the tree before
> I check in the diagnostic code.  The test fixes themselves ought not
> to be disruptive.

My guess is some test fixes will be disruptive. It will change the output.
If one blindly add missing connection that might introduce noise in reference
output. That is why I think the code change and tests should be tested
together.

-antony