[Swan-dev] Fwd: dpddelay and dpdtimeout processing

Oleg Rosowiecki orosowiecki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:36:08 UTC 2017

The auto= setting indeed implies what the desired dpdaction would be, but...

What about a more elaborate scenario when you need to have a connection
ready, but not start it right away (e.g. when you need to flip tunnels on
the fly)? My first thought would be to configure the initiator using
auto=add + dpdaction=restart. This is what I actually do during my tests
that involve embedded equipment, where Libreswan is only part of the whole
infrastructure.

If course, we could explicitly --add/--delete/--replace connections in this
case...

Oleg