[Swan-dev] Fwd: dpddelay and dpdtimeout processing

Oleg Rosowiecki orosowiecki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:08:33 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Libreswan man pages state that dpddelay= has a default value of 30 and
dpdtimeout= defaults to 120 seconds. This is different from the current
behavior, i.e. if you try to leave out either of the settings (or both),
both values are ignored and default to zeroes. Also, dpdaction= is ignored
and defaults to "hold", as a consequence.

Below is the summary of of the tests I made.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to best fix it?
Oleg

Setting DPD settings in ipsec.conf and starting ipsec: