[Swan-dev] core dump since a week in xauth-pluto-20-pam-timeout

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Dec 17 16:45:15 UTC 2017

| On 16 December 2017 at 13:14, Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org> wrote:
| Hi
|
| I noticed a coredump in xauth-pluto-20-pam-timeout since week or so.
| I think it is related to a recent fixes to  xauth pam stuff around Dec 5th
| or so.

Sorry about that.  I ran the test suite but this failure does not show
up on my machine.

The test fails differently and I was advised to ignore that failure
since that test (and a bunch of others) are non-deterministic.

Notwithstanding non-determinism, core dumps are not OK.

| From: Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com>
|
| I'd suspect a use after free - *xauth would contain gibberish.
| It looks like xauth_pam_abort() is freeing the object instead of
| leaving it to xauth_pam_child_cleanup().

I think that you've nailed it.  Thanks.

I've pushed what I hope is a fix.  But I cannot test it.

Antony: could you see if 97a28bf6f828f8e6bd02309ccaacf791fdd05817
fixes the problem?