[Swan-dev] Problematic commits in master

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:10:32 UTC 2017

On 10 April 2017 at 12:45, Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:19:50 -0400
> Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm a little confused.  Are we discussing RETURN_STF_FAILURE_STATUS,
>> RETURN_STF_FAILURE, or something else?  On which branch is this
>> causing problems?  I looked at ikev2-fetch-ipseckey?  Should I be
>> looking elsewhere?
>
> Those are/were used in rekey-ipsec-pfs but Antony worked around the
> issue (added necessary code back there).

While, as I've already explaine, a little puzzled as to why it was so
difficult, this is good to hear (I'm doing this all the time so think
of this as the norm).

Can we agree that the use of macros that conditionally return as a
side effect are, in general, a bad idea and their use should not be
encouraged?

Andrew