[Swan-dev] should final.sh shut down pluto?

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Fri Jun 24 21:27:29 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 12:42:03PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> On 24 June 2016 at 11:43, Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org> wrote:
> > additional run scripts would be nice to have.
>
> More than just nice.  For instance:
>
> - west brings up a connection
> - east triggers a child-sa
>
> > Some minor comments about script naming.
> > I think it would be nicer if the name was <nn>-<host>run.sh
> > the current scripts are <host>(init|run).sh (eastinit.sh). Having eastining.sh and run1east.sh could be confusing.
> >
> > Also if we do this ideally rename the current (west|road|north)run.sh to 01-westrun.sh
>
> Yes, I think the existing scripts can be renamed safely.  Their names
> do not appear in the output, and that would work.
>
> My reason for putting run* first was to accommodate:
>
> init.sh -- optional, run across all domains; probably just runs swan-prep
> runNN<domain>.sh
> teardown.sh -- replace final.sh, optional run across all domains

sounds like too many changes at once. it could end up with complications!
teardown.sh sounds like final.sh

> however, current separation into *init*.sh and *run*.sh is very artificial:
> - init scripts do stuff that arguably belongs in run
> - the init script order is always: nic, east, west so might as well
> spell that out

Leave *init.sh as it is. Add support <nn>-<domain>.sh (nn >= 01) is a good step in the right direction.
*init.sh will give indication which hosts are involved in the test.
Create new tests with that. Once  happy with this we could migrate old tests.

-antony