[Swan-dev] should final.sh shut down pluto?

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:30:13 UTC 2016

On 5 February 2016 at 16:31, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 February 2016 at 15:56, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Feb 2016, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>>
>>> While this question is kind of philosophical, there's a real problem
>>> behind it.
>>

>> "It depends". I like to leave it running so i can ssh  in after the
>> test and look at the running system. Some tests requirea shutdown,
>> for instance for leak detective.
>
> Don't run final.sh?  The script runkvm.py seems to even have a feature
> that does this; I don't know if it works - I just run the scripts by
> hand.

Based on more recent discussion about improving the test infrastructure:

- because we're constrained by the scripts that can be run we've been
adding stuff to final.sh (I'm guilty of this :-) which really belongs
in a second run script, for instance: run1west.sh run2east.sh (I've a
strong preference for names that let "LANG=C ls -1 *.sh" define the
order).

- after final.sh has been run, there should be a better defined tear
down / extract step to kill off pluto and then extract its logs (I
suspect this fits in better with docker).

Andrew