[Swan-dev] [Testing] Libreswan Testing Future - Call Notes (from May 16)

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Jun 3 02:24:26 UTC 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016, Neal P. Murphy wrote:

> There is one possible solution. Have all VMs mount the virtual FS of tests read-only. Then either give each VM its own writable virtual FS to store results, or have each VM store results in a RAMFS and, when done, tar/cpio that RAMFS into an unformatted (raw) COW virtual drive. The host would copy/move the results from those virtual drives to permanent storage.
>
> It might even be possible to create a virtual FS for each test case, and hot-plug each, in turn, into a waiting idle test VM and mark the VM busy. The VM runs the test, then signals the host (somehow) that it's done. The host unplugs the virtual drive, stores the test result in the background, and marks that VM idle.

that works for a full test run, but not so much when running a single
test. We typically run the test, detect failure (so we have the logs
on the host), then ssh into the running test nodes for a look to see
if we can find why it failed. eg run ipsec status, check network, etc.

In your suggested setup, you only get the logs when the machine is
no longer active.