[Swan-dev] set systemd variables to aovid SIGABORT

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Jul 22 18:21:19 UTC 2016

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016, Antony Antony wrote:

> Subject: [Swan-dev] set systemd variables to aovid SIGABORT
>
> While debugging pluto, running in gdb, I noticed on F22 systemd could send sigabort. To disable it I set  WatchdogSec=0 d 0 in Makefile.inc.local I set
> SD_WATCHDOGSEC_DEFAULT=0
> While working at it I also exposed a couple of more variables in Makefile.inc.local . These are useful to developing/debugging. I would like to see this patch, or a revised one, applied. Any ideas/objections?

The systemd version of an initscript override is:

cp /lib/systemd/system/ipsec.service /etc/systmed/system/
[edit /etc/systmed/system/ipsec.service and set WatchdogSec=0]
systemd-control daemon-reload

now you can just regularly make install and it will overwrite
the version in /lib but not touch the version in /etc so
it will never become activated again. Maybe we need to do
this for the VMs. The reason I did not is that I want to
sometimes use rpms and some times installs in /usr/local
and the path name would be in the service file in /etc
and not get updated.