[Swan-dev] protostack "noklips" broken with libevent

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Sep 17 20:31:17 EEST 2015

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| Is there still any advantage in supporting the "no stack" option?

Back in the FreeS/WAN days, I did a lot of testing with no kernel
involvement.  It was efficient and effective.

We don't do that any longer, but it it is easy to keep this feature, I
would like that.  I t would be a mistake to let it get used by
accident.

We really should be doing unit testing, and this could enable some
kinds of unit testing.

It allows testing without serious priviledges (root).

Is there any reason that this has to be hard?