[Swan-dev] protostack "noklips" broken with libevent

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Sep 16 23:33:18 EEST 2015

No Kernel KLIPS interface detected
Using 'no_kernel' interface code on 3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64
| event_schedule called for 20 seconds
| event_schedule_tv called for about 20 seconds and change
| inserting event EVENT_SHUNT_SCAN, timeout in 20.000000 seconds
| setup kernel fd callback

0x00005555555baa29 in init_kernel () at
/source/programs/pluto/kernel.c:2436
2436		ev_fd = pluto_event_new(*kernel_ops->async_fdp, EV_READ | EV_PERSIST,
(gdb)

This happens when starting pluto without having run ipsec _stackmanager.

*kernel_ops->async_fdp is NULL and pluto_event_new() does not like it.

On a separate note, I do not think we should auto-detect "no_kernel". We
should only allow it when explicitely selected. Then this error would
also be a more simple "no kernel stack found".