[Swan-dev] ikev2-12-x509-ikev1* tests fail

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Sep 9 02:36:58 EEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 02:19:47PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> On 7 September 2015 at 12:06, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Sep 2015, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> >
> >> I imagine that somebody changed something without updating the
> >> reference logs.
> >>
> >> Please fix this.  Both look roughly like this:
> >>
> >> 104 "westnet-eastnet-ikev2" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: initiate
> >> +010 "westnet-eastnet-ikev2" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: retransmission; will wait
> >> 500ms for response
> >> +010 "westnet-eastnet-ikev2" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: retransmission; will wait
> >> 1000ms for response
> >> 010 "westnet-eastnet-ikev2" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: retransmission; will wait
> >> 2000ms for response
> >>

> > these should be fixed if you add RETRANSMIT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT=10000 to
> > Makefile.inc.local and re-compile.
>
> I'm puzzled.
>
> These specific tests require their own custom build, or all our test
> builds require this tweak?  I prefer to test what we ship (which means
> not requiring Makefile.inc.local tweaks).

you can run most of the tests with defult Makefile, because of the retransmit sanitizer.  my guess is 95% test will get the same results if you VMs are stable. I tried and it is not bad.

In any case not all tests run with 'the' Makefile. That is a nice theory. Does audit,fips?

Also there are a couple of tests that really depend on retransmits
those tests we have to set lower retransmits.
e.g ikev2-01-fallback-ikev1  which need 12retrnamsits.

My plan is to commit these Makefile.inc.local to testing directory.
Also Tuomo asked to publish them. Wiki is probably not ideal.

-antony