[Swan-dev] should test /etc/ipsec.conf files be stand-alone

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:54:18 UTC 2015

On 20 October 2015 at 18:16, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:
> Making them stand alone will cause important parts to get out of sync.

Well, technically, that's what I'm battling now :-)  If i try to run a
test-suite from anything but /testing, things are out-of-sync.

> We have thought about completely
> removing the includes so that the test cases act as documentation files but didn't decide on doing it.

I should note that I'm not actually against using "include",  I can
see positives and negatives.  If it was't hardwired to a build
directory then that would be fine.  For instance, we could copy the
base configs to /etc/ipsec.d/baseconfigs (or even ln-s the current
test directory) and then use paths to that.

As for eliminating the include, there are always hacks involving
either M4 or CPP trying to give you the best (worst?) of both worlds
...  Lets consider that separately.

> So for now I'm afraid you'll have to tar up
> /testing/baseconfigs/

Except when the root file system is mostly readonly :-)

Andrew