[Swan-dev] [Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/master

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Oct 17 14:59:34 UTC 2015

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> | Note that your commit talks about whackinit.c and not whack.c
>
> Oops.  Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> | We currently don't use or compile whackinit.c
>
> I assume that it has had no debugging or maintenance for years and is
> just an attractive nuisance.
>
> It caught me.  My fix was a security fix.
>
> Is there a reason not to delete whackinit.c?

If we think this is the right approach for the future for a user to
query pluto and bring up/down tunnels, it could be useful? If we
think we would do authentication to pluto differently, like if we
would go through the NetworkManager-plugin, then I guess we could
just remove it. I do think user interaction would go through NM.

(without X, you are really talking about a server anyway with an
  admin that uses root)

So I guess I'm okay with deleting it,