[Swan-dev] incremental kvm test builds

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed May 27 20:35:55 EEST 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 09:59:45AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Just a heads up.  I've changed the kvm-* targets such as:
>   make kvm-update
> so that they perform incremental builds.  I.e., they do not delete
> $(OBJDIR) (== KVM_OBJDIR == OBJ.kvm) before running make.

how does incremental make work when switching to a different git branch?
will an incremental make figure out switching branch and re-build? If not I prefer to use make check UPDATEONLY=1
otherwise I will forget when I swtich branches and run "make check" and the binary will be from a different branch.

Also remember the guest vms may not have correct itme, mostly time will be wrong.

-antony