[Swan-dev] sanitize.sh vs re-sanitize.sh (vs swantest.sh)

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Tue May 26 01:00:29 EEST 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 04:38:18PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Just fyi,
>
> I've done some merging into re-sanitize.sh:
>
> - it leaves empty diffs around, somewhat annoying but useful - another way
> to verify things are working
> - exits non-zero if it thinks the test failed
> - checks for more failure conditions
>
> after more testing we can look at it replacing sanitize.sh

please not yet!

why not swantest do the grep and those checks?
my intention is to move towards python one. that is why swantest has check for core file... expect...
. swantest create json, to generate html, and  table.txt for one line summary. shell scripts are not ideal to create json files.

> > re-sanitize.sh
> >  - run from pluto-testlist-scan.sh (nice script)
..
..

> > swantest
> >  - checks for for crashes and assert failures

swantest also produce table.txt file which will be consitant with json file and similar to pluto-testlist-scan.sh's output.

-antony