[Swan-dev] encrypted informational message when in state R1?

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:32:52 EET 2015

On 3 March 2015 at 14:52, Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 02:39:12PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> > > Yes that would be good for now.

> > I was planning on running:
> >
> >     find * -type f -print | xargs -1 sed -i
> > s/STATE_PARENT_I1/STATE_V2_INIT_I/g ...
> >
> > so everything, including pluto_constans.h, gets updated (things won't
> > compile if it doesn't).
> >
> > However, beyond a sniff test (ikev2-05-basic), I'm not sure if there
> > is benefit in either creating a branch or running a full testsuite.
>

> There  are details to take care STATE_IKESA_DEL, and drift in test console
> output.
> So I think it is more than 'a' sed line. Unless you want to dump that
> fixing console work on others:)
> libreswan/testing/pluto (master)$ grep STATE_PARENT */*

Hmm, there's seems to be something going very wrong here.  We've
essentially got a black-box testsuite.  It shoudn't even be trying to
verify nitty-gritty internals such as the names of states and state
transitions.  This isn't to say that there shouldn't be a test to verify
state names/transitions, just not every single test.

I'll push a sanitizer to remove these internals by default.