[Swan-dev] time to delete old dist_certs shell script (attempt #2)?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Jun 24 18:34:53 EEST 2015

| From: Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com>

| This doesn't seem like a reason for retaining the old shell scripts -
| they are so far behind that they don't even generate all the required
| keys.  BTW, best place to run dist_certs.py is on one of the test VMs
| (see "make kvm-keys"), and not on a host.  Provided the VM is
| relatively recent all the necessary dependencies will have been
| installed for you.

I take it that you've implemented this
a31d60e504dc55214914738007ff62336a7f13aa.

Do you have a cheat-sheet of how we should make our old test setups
work again?  Or maybe they already work.  I haven't tried.  I'd not
waste time experimenting with the test setups.

Why did you pick "east" as the one to do the work on?

In our wiki page about testing, at least sometimes "west" is the one
we do work on.  I don't know why that one was chosen either.

It seems to me that an argument can be made that we make only one of
the VMs heavy enough to do all these task.  On the other hand, maybe
making them different is a mistake.