[Swan-dev] confused by make check [was: ikev2-frag-02-ipv6 fails due to certificate problems]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Jun 20 20:35:41 EEST 2015

People who understand our makefiles: please read.

| From: Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>

| "D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:

| > +000 leftcert with the nickname "key4096" does not exist in NSS db
|
| You need to recreate testing certificates - new 4096 sized host key,
| is needed so fragmentation is triggered.

Thanks for the help.

I did that recently.  I need to do it again?  I guess I didn't get the
memo.  Maybe we need a better memo system.

While I was asleep, the power failed and my testing halted about an
hour in.  This morning, before I read your message, I stepped into
uncharted territory:
	make check
with no UPDATE=1!  My intent was to resume the tests where they left
off (I had no idea what would happent to the half-run test)

If there is a chart, I don't know where it is.  Maybe we need a chart
of charts so we can find charts.

===> where is UPDATE=1 explained?

Then I read your message.  Now I wanted to stop the tests that so I
could genererate the testing certificates.  I did
	touch ~/libreswan/testing/pluto/stop-tests-now
following the chart
	<https://libreswan.org/wiki/Test_Suite#stopping_pluto_tests_gracefully>

===> THIS DID NOT WORK

It went through all the post-test rigamarole (lots of exciting greps
and so on, scrolling off my screen).  And then just continued running
tests!  So that mechanism seems broken.
~/libreswan/testing/pluto/stop-tests-now is still there.