[Swan-dev] sanitize.sh vs re-sanitize.sh (vs swantest.sh)

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:06:07 EEST 2015

On 27 May 2015 at 12:58, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, I find the diff files easy to manipulate:
>
> - an empty diff indicates (for the most part) things are ok
>
> - a non-empty diff file can be quickly examined and compared (against a
> baseline) to determine if it really is a failure

I got ticked off with the repetition of doing this by hand, and
tweaked kvmresults.py to take a parameter letting me compare against
baselines.  The crude result is:

./testing/utils/kvmresults.py  ../results-baseline-2015-06-06
nat-pluto-09: failed {'nonempty diff': {'north'}}
nat-pluto-10: failed {'EXPECTATION FAILED': {'east'}, 'nonempty diff':
{'north'}, 'baseline different': {'north'}}

I've still too many failures, but at least it is easier to ignore the
non-regressions.

Andrew