[Swan-dev] pointless test failures

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jul 19 17:52:43 EEST 2015

netkey-audit-01:

In west.console.diff, I see:

+003 "ikev1-aggr": IKEv1 Aggressive Mode with PSK is vulnerable to dictionary attacks and is cracked on large scale by TLA's

I imagine that this is expected.  Whoever changed this should fix the
reference output.

More troubling: a lot of messages like
-type=UNKNOWN[2408] msg=audit(XXX): pid=PID uid=0 auid=AUID ses=SES subj=system_u:system_r:init_t:s0 msg='op=....
seem to have disappeared from east and west.
Is this expected?

================

ikev2-01-fallback-ikev1:

east:
+000 "westnet-eastnet-ikev2-fallback":   retransmit-interval: 9999ms; retransmit-timeout: 99s;

I imagine that this is expected.  Whoever changed this should fix the
reference output.

west:

Same problem.

In addition, max number of retransmisssions seems to have changed,
resulting in a log change.

Whoever changed this should fix the reference output.

================

ikev2-05-basic-psk:

west:
Someone added an ipsec status command.

Whoever changed this should fix the reference output.

================

ikev2-delete-01 & ikev2-delete-01:

west:

a ref and refhim change.  We don't know what this is about.  I assume
that it is a false positive.  We don't know how to eliminate this.

It has been suggested that this was due to a change I made.  I have no
knowledge of this.

================

ikev2-12-x509-ikev1:

west:
-000 "westnet-eastnet-ikev2" #1: starting keying attempt 2 of an unlimited number, but releasing whack
+002 "westnet-eastnet-ikev2" #1: deleting state #1 (STATE_MAIN_I1)

This looks like an intentional change.  Whoever changed this should
fix the reference output.

east & west:
List of certs changed

This looks like an intentional change.  Whoever changed this should
fix the reference output.

At this point, it seems unrewarding for me to look at test results.
(Except for sore thumbs like core files.)

Please, folks, clean up the reference logs!  Useless failures are a big
drain on all of us.