[Swan-dev] fips test results

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jul 15 20:18:36 EEST 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015, Antony Antony wrote:

> one way would be support per test Makefile.inc.local

That would require recompiling for each test or to bundle tests.

> That would also help to run a couple of audit tests.
> one idea that has been  floating around is Makefile.inc.local per  test.
> If such a file exists in the test directory before the test run run appropriate make commands

I don't like the idea of compiling per test. I'd rather see us
move to a situation where we can run many tests in parallel. Once we
need to compile per test that gets very complicated to do.

I can see us use a Makefile.inc.local per OSMEDIA we support in the
guest, which would then enable all the features we would enable for
that OSMEDIA in published packages as well, so the feature set for
say fedora and ubuntu would match with the packages shipped for those
distributions.