[Swan-dev] EVENT_RETRANSMIT_DELAY_0

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Fri Jan 30 21:30:47 EET 2015

> | still working on replacing the use of EVENT_RETRANSMIT_DELAY_0 with
> | c->r_interval, however, two instances trips me off.  The retransmit is
> | scheduled in 30 seconds, check the #master. That looks odd to me.
> |
> | ikev1_aggr.c  1383 /* Set up a retransmission event, half a minute hence */
> | ikev1_xauth.c 1010 /* Set up a retransmission event, half a minute hence */

Paul,
any idea why aggr_outI1_tail retransmit interval is 30 seconds in comment and the code use 10(EVENT_RETRANSMIT_DELAY_0)? Is there any specific reason for 30 seconds?

It is the same in xauth_send_status comment suggest 30 code is 10. Check the #master

And in modecfg_send_request it is actually EVENT_RETRANSMIT_DELAY_0 *

Last call before I change these to retransmit delay to c->r_interval, the retransmit interval used for initial exchange.

Also note, this is different from delaying * xauth responder, for iPhones, delay xauth request slightly to avoid out of order arrival. I don't know what to use for that.

If we can avoid it, lets not create another knob for these cases.

* https://lists.libreswan.org/pipermail/swan-dev/2014-December/000555.html

-antony