[Swan-dev] IKEv2 default policy

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 04:24:10 EET 2015

Hi,

I'm just brute-forcing a split of IKEv1 and IKEv2 policies (what
algorithms get offered / accepted by default) so that I can add:

AES_GCM_16_256 + SHA2_256
AES_GCM_16_128 + SHA2_256
AES_GCM_16_256 + SHA1
AES_GCM_16_128 + SHA1

to the IKEv2 side.  Others?  CAMELLIA_CBC+...?  AES_CBC+SHA2?

Looking through the existing proposals, some seem flimsy.  For instance, should:

static struct db_trans oakley_trans_pskrsasig_xauthc[] = {
        { AD_TR(KEY_IKE, otrsasig1536des3md5_xauthc) },
        { AD_TR(KEY_IKE, otpsk1536des3md5_xauthc) },

which seems weaker than my tea, be removed from IKEv2.

Andrew