[Swan-dev] "not rocket science" -- master that doesn't fail

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Jan 21 19:19:09 EET 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 12:40:01PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> [url?]
>
> Perhaps a first step would be to include -Werror in the compile flags
> by default.  Remembering to add a Makefile.inc.local to my tree gets a
> little tedious :-)

I wonder if libreswan code is ready for -Werror as a default. That might break some builds easily. The last I checked we have a couple warnings when compiling on 32bit ARM.
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/libreswan/3.12/1.fc20/data/logs/armv7hl/build.log

These warnings don't show up on x86_64. May be these are easy to fix, but wonder how easy it is hunt them.

Also while developing/debugging, sometimes, I want to build ignoring the warnings. That would mean disabling -Werror my Makefile.inc.local :)

So I am weiging the pros and cons.  I will think of way to log warnings from nightly tests I run.

-antony