[Swan-dev] Question on writefds fd

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Jan 15 19:10:24 EET 2015

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| So only the adns code is using the writefds fd in pluto. Since that code
| is now being removed and replaced with a libevent variant, there is
| nothing left in the writefds. Is there any reason to not completely
| remove it? (I'm a little confused why we had a readfds and writefds)

My understanding is that the ADNS code is being replaced by an unbound
variant, not a libevent variant.  Unless I misunderstand.

If nobody is using writefds, surely it can be removed.  I haven't
looked at this code in a long time (because it worked).

I would have thought that we are either 100% libevent or 100% select.
I don't see how they can be mixed: each needs to be in control.

Does a set of file descriptors (writefds, readfds) even have any use
in a libevent world?  Note: I'm asking from ignorance, not knowledge.