[Swan-dev] makefle breakage #2 recursive make rules all over the place

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 02:59:41 EET 2015

We can add this to the list:

Prior to the subdirs.mk change, "make check" from the top level would do this:

===================================
Now making check in programs
===================================
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cagney/libreswan/programs'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `check'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cagney/libreswan/programs'

lacking "set -e", it would then bumble on.  I've fixed this with
subdirs.mk, it now does:

Now making check in programs
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cagney/libreswan/programs'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cagney/libreswan/programs/addconn'
...  -o addconn

I.e., some of the sub-directories have broken "check" targets.