[Swan-dev] replace "make check UPDATEONLY=1" with "make update"

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Thu Feb 19 01:37:57 EET 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 02:12:26PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> (more local hacks)
>
> Paul mentioned I could update all the test VMs by, from the
> testing/pluto directory, entering:
>
>     make check UPDATE=1
>
> and then hit cntrl-c a short while later.  Turns out, if you sacrifice
> several chickens (try reading the code for why), you can get:
>
>     make check UPDATEONLY=1

"make check UPDATEONLY=1" and likely "make check UPDATE=1" is broken on my servers since 16th. I think Paul see the same issue.

make is leaving binaries in source directory on the host and causing make install on the guest to fail.
I start with a clean tree.
and run " make check UPDATEONLY=1"
afterwards

build at blueswan:~/libreswan git status
programs/_keycensor/_keycensor
	programs/_plutorun/_plutorun
	programs/_secretcensor/_secretcensor
	programs/_stackmanager/_stackmanager
	programs/_updown.klips/_updown.klips
	programs/_updown.mast/_updown.mast
	programs/_updown.netkey/_updown.netkey
	programs/_updown/_updown
	programs/addconn/addconn
	programs/auto/auto

my suspecion is something changed in the target "checkprograms"?

-antony