[Swan-dev] xauth delay

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Feb 5 23:31:18 EET 2015

commit 928b0e03bd33d4e5f878a70ab21475d8f107970d

This adds a delay for an xauth password request.

I don't actually understand the logic.  What are the specifications?
I heard that it was something to do with working around an iOS bug.

It doesn't seem as if delete_state deletes any pending event in
st->send_xauth_event.  This is likely a bug.

There is a convention that all names of fields in struct state start with
st_. send_xauth_event does not.

The EVENT_v1_SEND_XAUTH handler doesn't seem to care about the result
returned by xauth_send_request.

I don't know what the response is supposed to be or how it is supposed to
be handled (I haven't dived into xauth and hope to avoid that).

How this mechanism fits into the retry logic isn't clear to me.  The retry
time is less than this delay so that suggests that a retry might come out
before the first xauth_send_request.  Is this valid?

Do we know that the original state is prepared to send the xauth after the
delay?  How do we know that some other transition hasn't happened?