[Swan-dev] set -ue [was Re: generating x509 certificates]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Feb 4 20:25:12 EET 2015

| From: Matt Rogers <mrogers at redhat.com>

| Yeah, the set -ue in the script points out these problems, but they were
| really ignorable since it wasn't affecting the active tests. For now you
| can just comment that out and run the script to get the certs you need.

set -ue is good.  I think every script should use it.

If you wish to ignore errors, write explicit code to do so.

For example:
  possibly bad command
becomes:
  possibly bad command || true
or better:
  if ! possibly bad command ; then
    echo "possibly bad command failed with $?; continuing anyway" >&2
  endif