[Swan-dev] test caes as documentation versus ipsec.conf.common ease of use

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Feb 4 19:22:50 EET 2015

Antony brought up a while ago that due to our use of ipsec.conf.common,
the test cases do not work very well as documentation. It would be much
better to write out the full configurations so people can read them and
understand them better.

I did not like his idea at the time, because it means a lot of copy and
pasting. And for raw RSA keys it also means a lot of long blobs and
changing a lot of config files if we ever change RSA keys for hosts.

I'm beginning to lean more and more towards Antony's view. Take the
pain for the additional free documentation it generates.

What do other people think?