[Swan-dev] Getting rid of environment variables used in timer.c

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Sep 16 03:38:26 EEST 2014

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> Subject: [Swan-dev] Getting rid of environment variables used in timer.c
>
> I don't like them.
>
> Antony tells me that they don't work with systemd.
>
> Can we get just rid of them?
>
> (I made the changes but then chickened out on committing them.)

Are we expected to need them for testing? Or are we confident that our
generic timings will be so short in a release or two that we don't
need this control? If so, I'm okay with removing these, and the
entire set of variables we have for these.

Otherwise, we should convert them to x-options= in config setup?