[Swan-dev] Pluto mysteries that need solving

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Oct 29 17:55:53 EET 2014

Hi Hugh,
it is good that you got rid of dnshostname checks. That makes is easier to read.

I was looking how an instantiated connection get updated/removed from host pair list and trying figure out mysteries update_host_pairs. Specially when dpd/liveness action is restart.

When restart_connections_by_peer is dealing with a connection instance.
it will try to delete an instance and start again. When restarting , it should kick the template one.

If I go down from there I see strange things in delete connection logic. There recursive calls
with changed c->kind? update_host_pairs .. looks strange.

Is it an accident that this commit ended up in #master? Or you are sure it is suitable for
the upcoming bug fix release?

-antony