[Swan-dev] [IPsec] Mandatory Public Key based authentication with EAP (fwd)

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sun Nov 2 01:37:58 EET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:30:17
From: Yaron Sheffer <yaronf.ietf at gmail.com>
To: Tero Kivinen <kivinen at iki.fi>, ipsec at ietf.org,
     Rahul Vaidya <rahul.stds at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Mandatory Public Key based authentication with EAP

So for the record, I do think we should add to RFC 5996, at the end of the
paragraph that starts with "An implementation using EAP MUST also use a
public-key-based" something like:

As an exception to this rule, public key authentication of the server is not
required when using the extension defined in [RFC5998].

Thanks,
 	Yaron