[Swan-dev] pluto --help through the ages

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue May 20 18:58:10 EEST 2014

On Sat, 17 May 2014, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> My work-in-progress version:

Good work! Let me try and group them here:

1) filename options
2) global options (aka 'config setup' like)
3) debug options (and --leak-detective ?)
4) impair options

Perhaps seperate by a blanc line? Perhaps a header for the impair
functions to warn it is for development only?

Note --use-mastklips is an alias for --use-mast and can be removed from
the list.

Personally, i don't really see the use for --perpeerlog/--perpeerlogbase
and wouldn't mind seeing those go. logging directories based on partial
IP addresses seems like a kludge to me.

I think we also decided to remove dumpdir, as the OS'es now have their
own more advanced and conflicting segfault/coredump mechanisms - it is
best if we just stay out of that completely.

I think --noretransmits and --keep-alive are now also per-conn options,
so that can be specified in conn %default instead of config setup.
(having said that, does the current code properly read/parse those
values?)

> I wonder about the [ ].

I guess all options are optional, so I see your point....