[Swan-dev] atoi -- just say no

Matt Rogers mrogers at redhat.com
Mon May 19 17:31:42 EEST 2014

On 05/17, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Through this process, I'm coming to think that a ttoul-like function that
> also does range-checking would be worthwhile.  It is just too easy to be
> lazy about range checks.

It could just be a wrapper for ttoul, and that could replace the manual checks
in plutomain, etc.. Although I did notice:

                case 'x':       /* --crlcheckinterval <time>*/
                        ugh = ttoul(optarg, 0, 10, &u);
                        if (ugh != NULL)
                                break;
                        crl_check_interval = u;
                        continue;

This is one that is not range checked. What would be a good ceiling for crl fetch intervals?

Matt