[Swan-dev] oddly redundant flags Pluto accepts

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat May 17 23:23:48 EEST 2014

[I'm top posting!  I've included this old thread because it is relevent,
but not TOO important to read.]

I've made some changes to option handling (for now only on my private
branch, but I hope that changes).

I declared all but one spelling of an option obsolete (they still work).
Synonyms obsoleted:

  noklips, use-none, useklips, use-auto, usenetkey, coredir,
  ipsec_dir, foodgroupsdir, debug-nat_t, debug-nat-t, debug-crypto,
  debug-klips, debug-netkey,

This is easy to change if there is pressure to do so, thanks to the
newly enhanced option table mechanism.

I would like to get these changes in before the next release so that
transitioning starts sooner rather than later.

Of course few people actually use pluto options.  And we've killed off
many of those users (the embeded guys) by requiring NSS.

I have not changed the documentation at this point but it must be
done.