[Swan-dev] LIBRESWAN_SNAPSHOT_MALLOC_FAIL

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Mar 17 02:49:44 EET 2014

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> Even though these are carefully in lib/libswan/lswlog.c and ostensibly
> separate from Pluto, they use variables that are only in Pluto.  So it
> looks to me as if there has only been an incomplete separation, at
> some cost and no benefit.
>
> What parts of lib/libswan are actually used by things other than
> Pluto?

That's a little hard to tell. The obvious low-level functions are likely
used by addconn and possibly rsasigkey. I don't think that set is used
by KLIPS (I think pluto uses some functions from linux/net/ipsec/ ?)

A large user of this set of functions was/is the function unit tests in
testing/lib/libpluto

> For now, I'm just going to get rid of that funny
> LIBRESWAN_SNAPSHOT_MALLOC_FAIL code.

Thanks! I'm surprised at the amount of odd code we gathered in 20 years.