[Swan-dev] testing: how to initialize the virtual network

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Mar 12 08:20:26 EET 2014

| From: Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org>

| may be the virtual network is not in auto start?
| you could change that from GUI, using virt-manager too.
|
| on file level /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart
| should have sym links to the corresponding ones in /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks
|
| e.g /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart
| 192_9_4.xml -> ../192_9_4.xml

Thanks for the useful hints.

Perhaps that should be in the testing setup scripts.

Anyway, I tried something else.  I looked in the
testing/libvirt/install.sh script and was inspired to do these
commands:
	cd testing/libvirt/net
	for i in * ; do sudo virsh net-start $i ; done
That seemed to work.

Now on to the next problem.  When I try to "run" east from the GUI
VMM, it says:

    Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting
    to monitor: qemu-system-x86_64: -chardev
    socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/east.monitor,server,nowait:
    Failed to bind socket: Permission denied
    chardev: opening backend "socket" failed

I don't know what to make of that.

Here's the traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 91, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 127, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1317, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 708, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: qemu-system-x86_64: -chardev socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/east.monitor,server,nowait: Failed to bind socket: Permission denied
chardev: opening backend "socket" failed