[Swan-dev] Some ugliness during compile

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 10 19:17:22 EEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:28:29AM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2014, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 06:34:11PM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> >>$ grep mtune Makefile.inc
> >>paul at bofh:~/libreswan (master *)$
>
> >It's still in ./testing/plutoconfigs/Makefile.inc in 3.9, but the top
> >level one is OK.  Not sure that makefile is used, but still annoying if
> >someone does try to use it.
>
> I've removed the entire directory. It is no longer used by anything.
>
> >Also sudo and module-assistant have no business being in debian/control
> >as build dependancies since they are not used at any point in building
> >the debian package.
>
> Isn't module-assistant used for klips?

Sure, but only after you build the debian package and then install the
module source package.  So the module source package should depend on
module-assistant, not the libreswan source package.

> >They are only used if you run 'make deb' which
> >isn't something that would be done if you simply build the debian package.
> >Debian package builds great after removing those two from the build
> >depends.
>
> I've removed sudo.

Well I removed both and the packages build just fine.

This bit is all that is needed and is already correct:

Package: libreswan-modules-source
Architecture: all
Section: kernel
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, debhelper, bzip2
Recommends: module-assistant | kernel-package, linux-headers | linux-source
Suggests: libreswan

So when you install that and use module-assitant to build the modules
for your kernel it is all good, but building the source package in the
first place makes no use of modules-assistant.

--
Len Sorensen