[Swan-dev] dpd vs liveness code suggests possibly missing code for liveness

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Feb 24 05:23:52 EET 2014

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, Matt Rogers wrote:

> So delete_state() will need a delete_liveness_event() call, but I noticed that
> the other calls of delete_dpd_event() in state.c are in rekey_state_function()
> and replace_states_by_peer(), which don't appear to be used anymore.
> (rekey_state_function() is used once in rekey_p2states_by_connection() which is not
> used itsself). Should they be removed?

I tracked rekey_p2states_by_connection to commit c75967b0:

     the dpdaction=restart still did not work right --- this fixes it so that it
     schedules a replacement of the phase1 SA, and all phase 2 SAs that might depend
     upon it.  Some refactoring was done to state.c code.

      case DPD_ACTION_RESTART:
         /** dpdaction=restart - immediate renegotiate the connection. */
          openswan_log("DPD: Restarting Connection");

[..]
-        delete_states_by_connection(c, TRUE);
+       rekey_p2states_by_connection(c);

[..]
         delete_event(st);
+       delete_dpd_event(st);
         event_schedule(EVENT_SA_REPLACE, 0, st);

In our current code we have restart_connections_by_peer(c) instead of
rekey_p2states_by_connection(c)

I've deleted the unused code. Thanks for noticing those.