[Swan-dev] Did Libreswan address these two issues with a Cisco IOS peer ??????

Philippe Vouters philippe.vouters at laposte.net
Sun Feb 23 22:39:44 EET 2014

For NAT-T along with my changes (NAT-T v02 and v03), Shrew's qikea now
proposes in one pull-down menu: {disable | enable | force-draft |
force-natv02 | force-natv03 | force-rfc | force-cisco-udp }. I do not
know whether the Shrew code owner wouldn't like to rename force-nat{v02
| v03} (my work) to force-{v02 | v03} as this pull-down menu is specific
to a 'Nat Traversal' configuration.

If there is an intent to render the end-user task even more complex by
always adding new options to ipsec configurations, perhaps it would be
time to design a GUI tool with a purpose analog to Shrew's qikea in
respect to Shrew's site entries (located in ~/.ike/sites/*) to assist
the end-user in correctly configuring pluto. This would make Libreswan
more user-friendly which it becomes less and less over releases.

Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)
SIP: sip:Vouters at sip.linphone.org