[Swan-dev] Did Libreswan address these two issues with a Cisco IOS peer ??????

Philippe Vouters philippe.vouters at laposte.net
Sat Feb 22 00:08:42 EET 2014

Paul,

I solved these specific two issues inside Shrew VPN client. The missing
Libreswan sent issuer issue prevents any Libreswan use with Cisco IOS
whichever the version. This missing Libreswan sent issuer issue leads to
the symptom largely described at
http://vouters.dyndns.org/tima/Linux-Windows-Cisco-VPN-Cisco_may_abort_when_attempting_to_establish_a_VPN.html
that I strongly suggest you to carefully reread.

The NAT-T issue symptom is described in the same document. Libreswan
suffers from as was Shrew VPN Client until I modified it to allow the
end-user to specify a force NAT-T v02 or V03 payload proposal preventing
Shrew to propose a NAT-T RFC proposal. This was the only way with the
two tested versions of Cisco IOS to have the tunnel correctly established.

Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)
SIP: sip:Vouters at sip.linphone.org